A community where families experiencing perinatal mental health issues and related challenges are recognised, supported and empowered.
To support families experiencing perinatal mental health issues on their journey towards wellbeing.
- provide support to women, partners and families affected by pregnancy and childbirth-related stress, depression and anxiety;
- provide information and raise awareness in the general community about pregnancy and childbirth-related stress, depression and anxiety;
- coordinate training of people interested in developing skills to facilitate self-help groups;
- encourage formation of new groups and strengthen existing self-help groups for women with pregnancy and childbirth-related stress, depression and anxiety;
- encourage networking and partnerships with related organisations; and
- provide consumer representation on relevant committees and meetings, and lobby for the development of more appropriate services for women with pregnancy and childbirth-related stress, depression and anxiety.
All our work at From the Heart WA is guided by the following values:
- Lived experience
- Compassion and empowerment
- Collaboration and partnership
- Truth and integrity
Our Strategic Plan:
The Management Committee is pleased to announce that in June 2012 we finalised our strategic plan for 2012-2015.
The development of this plan has been made possible as a result of the support of the Heirisson Rotary Club and Dr Liz Pattison who has been central to the refining of key issues, concerns and language used in the document.
The strategic plan can be viewed here
We need a new home
From the Heart WA is on the move!!!
Our not for profit organisation working in the health sector is about to lose it's home in Subiaco as space is to be absorbed for leasor's business. Our current arrangement has been free of rental and overheads, although we are responsible for insurance and are looking for a similar situation.
The organisation has all infrastructure required and 3 part-time employees. We desperately seek an office space of approximately 50sqm and storage for resources in a central Perth location, for up to 3 years.
If you have office space available please contact Tracey Parker on Mob: 0427 615 858 to discuss further.